Part 9: Final Thoughts
I wanted to share my thoughts on the book in its entirety, and a few last thoughts from the author. I hope you’ve enjoyed all of my Daring Greatly posts and pick up or listen to this book on your happy and healthy adventure. 😊❤️
This as been one of my favorite personal development books I’ve read-and I’ve read quite a few since I started my journey as a Beachbody coach.
Things I liked:
- Learning more about what it means to live wholeheartedly and what factors into a Wholehearted life
- Learning the truth about vulnerability-I wasn’t looking forward to this part of the book, since even the word vulnerability makes me squirm. But it was an invaluable chapter, and unless we get uncomfortable, we’re not actually learning and living our best life.
- Learning the differences between shame, guilt, humiliation, and embarrassment; and knowing what events in my life are what
- How to understand and live with shame, and remembering that I’m enough
- Learning that daring greatly requires vulnerability and courage, and those are important to living your best life
- Having self-compassion and sharing it with others
“Daring greatly is not about winning or losing-it’s about having courage”